Winner of the 2007 Visionary Book Award and Finalist of the 2007 Nautilus Book Award
We all know how we cry tears when we are sad or get “butterflies” in our stomach when we are nervous. These are simple connections between the mind and the body that are easy to understand. But what about the bigger issues, when the body gets ill, diseased, or damaged?
Deb Shapiro is recognized as an intuitive expert. She explores the language and meaning of the bodymind relationship, how feelings and thoughts are linked to specific body parts and how to find unresolved psycho/emotional issues in the body.
Learn the body’s language of symptoms, and discover there is an extraordinarily intimate two-way communication going on that affects both your physical state and your mental and emotional health.
- unresolved psycho/emotional issues affect your health
- feeling and thoughts are linked to specific body parts
- you can heal your body with your mind and to heal your mind with your body
Your Body Speaks Your Mind is designed to be a comprehensive, practical guidebook for claiming a more active role in your own healing. The book with accompanying practice CD, includes:
- A system-by-system guide to your body that reveals what it is telling you about yourself, with bodymind dialogues for specific symptoms
- Useful exercises to help you explore your body’s messages, including Body Awareness Review; Listening to Your Body Quiz; Bodymind Review; Breath Awareness Meditation; and Whole Body Review
Praise and Recommendations
“Deb Shapiro is a pioneer in appreciating and applying the fact that all thoughts and feelings get translated into chemicals that run our entire physiology. Here, she shows how understanding the bodymind relationship adds an essential and often overlooked component to your healing process.” —Candace Pert, Ph.D., author of Molecules of Emotion
“If you are ready to begin your journey into the land of body-mind relationships, free of guilt, shame, and blame, in search of empowerment and healing, this book can be a valuable guide and resource.” —Bernie Siegel, M.D., author of 101 Exercises for the Soul and Help Me to Heal
“This is a terrific book! Comprehensive, practical, and a long-overdue addition to the mind-body canon from a veteran author, teacher, and seeker. I highly recommend it.” —Mark Matousek, author of Sex Death Enlightenment and When Falling, Dive